Live Geo-referenced Storm Chaser Video. First in the Field Aerial Live Streaming and Aerial Storm Intercepts. High Resolution Level II Radar Data. Severe Weather Forecasts and Reports by Storm Chasers/Severe Weather Videographers Verne, Michael and Eric Carlson. For live stream and video licensing contact us at: vernecarlson@hotmail.com

KRDO ColoSprgs Storm Chasers!

KRDO

KAKE Wichita Storm Chase Team!

KAKE

Denver's Channel 7 Storm Chasers

KMGH 7 News

License this Live Stream Now!

Follow us LIVE on iMap Tracker! When you see a car we are live.


Thursday, August 16, 2007

Chase Report - 20070815



The one day time lightning shot I got, look closely




Fun little backyard chase. I left Broomfield around 11:30 and headed south to met up with the cell coming out of the mountains near Castle Rock. I had to do a lot of catching up and core punching to get around to the good side, but once I did I was amazed to see how photogenic this cell was. I followed it out east as it went south of Limon and by that time had went outflow. The lighting associated with this storm was unbelievable I manged to get a shot in the day time of a bolt hitting out in the field in front of me. I decided to gas up in Limon then head south a ways and wait till dark to get some of the amazing lighting. I sat near Boyero on a dirt road where I met Ryan Shepard and Lizzie Croswhite, two UNC chasers from Greeley. We chased south as a new cell formed and indicated a meso on the southern side. After making a bit south I decided to set up for lightning. The lightning I did get was mostly anvil crawlers and not so much CG's but managed to get one good one. Thanks to Mike O'Keeffe and Dann "The Weather Man" Cianca for now-casting for me!

Michael C.

No comments:

The Carlsons', Verne, Michael and Eric

The Carlsons', Verne, Michael and Eric

Contact Me for Helicopter Shots!

Flying Monkeys

My Blog List

Blog Archive