Live Geo-referenced Storm Chaser Video. First in the Field Aerial Live Streaming and Aerial Storm Intercepts. High Resolution Level II Radar Data. Severe Weather Forecasts and Reports by Storm Chasers/Severe Weather Videographers Verne, Michael and Eric Carlson. For live stream and video licensing contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, March 10, 2008
The GFS is hinting at a cold-core setup for central KS on next Monday. A strong 500mb low (-30C where < -24C is needed!) is forecast to be near a surface low (240 close to < 200 miles separation) in north-central KS with a nice fetch of CAPE into the low. Have to keep an eye on this one!
Which brings me to this quick reference guide (ref Jon Davies):
WHAT DO YOU NEED FOR COLD CORE??
1) 500Mb upper low with < -24C temps
2) Surface low within 200 miles, preferable to the east-northeast
3) Low to mid-50's dewpoints
My Blog List
- ► 2011 (9)
- ► 2010 (24)
- ► 2009 (119)
- March 30th, 2008
- subie is doa!
- Cells popping in CO SPGS
- 2008-03-30 Report
- cell near condell, ok!
- Sunday Mar 31 and Thurs Apr 3 chase potential
- West of Throckmorton
- waiting for initiation in Graham, TX
- Today we busted in the panhandles
- First FPV flight using goggles
- St Patty's Day Tornado Outbreak?
- Cold Core setup for Monday March 17th?
- 2007 Chase Stats
- Keeping an eye on Weds Mar 12th
- March 2nd, 2008
- Wall cloud in central ok near Alden
- In Childress, TX
- ▼ March (17)
- ► 2007 (233)
- ► 2006 (417)