Live Geo-referenced Storm Chaser Video. First in the Field Aerial Live Streaming and Aerial Storm Intercepts. High Resolution Level II Radar Data. Severe Weather Forecasts and Reports by Storm Chasers/Severe Weather Videographers Verne, Michael and Eric Carlson. For live stream and video licensing contact us at: vernecarlson@hotmail.com

KRDO ColoSprgs Storm Chasers!

KRDO

KAKE Wichita Storm Chase Team!

KAKE

Denver's Channel 7 Storm Chasers

KMGH 7 News

License this Live Stream Now!

Follow us LIVE on iMap Tracker! When you see a car we are live.


Sunday, April 17, 2011

2011 - April - 14 Report



April 14, 2011 had a negative tilt trough and strong surface low setting up in central KS with moderate to strong instability setting up in the warm sector from this low down into eastern OK. I originally targeted up in the southeastern KS area but as the day went on it became clear that the better tornado chances were developing to the south.



Around 4pm CDT storm development was well underway along the dryline and I moved into position on the cell moving up from the southwest near Burbank, OK. This tornado developed litterally right behind me on the western end of the storm and caught me a little off guard. I chased it for about 5 minutes as it moved off into worse road and data areas. I had almost no internet connection on Sprint even with the booster.

Later as I moved east to intercept the next storm coming up from the south I got on this one south of Bartlesville, OK. This may have been reported as a tornado as police were patrolling my location along the highway and warning everyone away. Reports of a rain-wrapped tornado on the ground and moderate rotation on the velocity scans made it seem like something big was coming right into Bartlesville. Luckily for the folks in town it did not materialize. Later this evening was the Tushka, OK deadly tornado well to the south. That was too far out of my range to reach.

3 comments:

sknr31 said...

Nice Report Verne! see ya in western OK soon hopefully :)

Dann Cianca said...

Nice catch, Verne!

SevereVideos.com said...

As awesome as the Tushka tornado was to experience, I'd trade chases with you to not have seen the things I saw afterwards. I'm ready to get a nice tornado that doesn't hit a town.

The Carlsons', Verne, Michael and Eric

The Carlsons', Verne, Michael and Eric

Contact Me for Helicopter Shots!

Flying Monkeys

My Blog List