Live Geo-referenced Storm Chaser Video. First in the Field Aerial Live Streaming and Aerial Storm Intercepts. High Resolution Level II Radar Data. Severe Weather Forecasts and Reports by Storm Chasers/Severe Weather Videographers Verne, Michael and Eric Carlson. For live stream and video licensing contact us at: email@example.com
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Tonight when the moon rose at 4:30pm I was able to shoot a few shots off before it slipped beind the clouds. The moon's orbit around Earth is elliptical, not circular. The moon is closest to Earth at it's perigee (compare to apogee, which occurs when the moon is at its most distant point away from Earth). The moon was 50,000 km closer to Earth and was the largest visible size tonight for all of 2009. These were shot from my house at 9000' looking northeast over Boulder, CO.
My Blog List
- ► 2011 (9)
- ► 2010 (24)
- First Chase of 2009?
- Cloudy snowy day in Denver
- Perigee Moon Pictures
- Storms of 2008 DVD - Pre orders now available!
- Pics of the Boulder Olde Stage Road Fire
- Wildfire north of Boulder!
- Trampoline climbing the fence!
- Insane Chinook winds in Denver!
- Sand storm along Simms street
- Nat Geo Master of Disaster Special Coming Soon!
- ▼ January (10)
- ► 2008 (172)
- ► 2007 (233)
- ► 2006 (417)