Live Geo-referenced Storm Chaser Video. First in the Field Aerial Live Streaming and Aerial Storm Intercepts. High Resolution Level II Radar Data. Severe Weather Forecasts and Reports by Storm Chasers/Severe Weather Videographers Verne, Michael and Eric Carlson. For live stream and video licensing contact us at: vernecarlson@hotmail.com

KRDO ColoSprgs Storm Chasers!

KRDO

KAKE Wichita Storm Chase Team!

KAKE

Denver's Channel 7 Storm Chasers

KMGH 7 News

License this Live Stream Now!

Follow us LIVE on iMap Tracker! When you see a car we are live.


Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Next chase March 16th?

Looking ahead at the GFS there appears to be the possibility of a chase in the March 16th timeframe. This would work out well since it would make it a weekend chase with a Thursday night departure and return sometime on Saturday or Sunday.

Yesterday I had a doctors appt in Boulder so I took the opportunity to try mobile internet access through my cell phone and laptop. I had previously found instructions on the web on how to setup the phone as a wireless modem. I have to say it was very cool to be able to be logged into all my email accounts, have AIM up and be able to see websites on the road. This will make it very handy to keep in touch while out storm chasing.

I have been working on a mobile webpage that has all my favorite links on it. It is formatted to be the width of my mobile phone but can also be displayed on my laptop for quick access to all my data. http://www.stormchaserco.com/mobile.html

1 comment:

Dewdrop said...

Using your phone as a wireless modem, how is the connection speed? Does it basically work as a dial-up, or is it faster than that? I am looking into the same set up and want to make sure that it will be fast enough.

~JB

The Carlsons', Verne, Michael and Eric

The Carlsons', Verne, Michael and Eric

Contact Me for Helicopter Shots!

Flying Monkeys

My Blog List

Blog Archive