Live Geo-referenced Storm Chaser Video. First in the Field Aerial Live Streaming and Aerial Storm Intercepts. High Resolution Level II Radar Data. Severe Weather Forecasts and Reports by Storm Chasers/Severe Weather Videographers Verne, Michael and Eric Carlson. For live stream and video licensing contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Wow who would have thought it! Amanda and I were out in the hottub when she said "I just saw lightning". Sure enough, way off to the north we watched 6 or 7 CC strikes light up the distant clouds. This has got to be the earliest we've ever seen lightning from our house in Denver! There is a surface low up north with temps in the 50s and dewpoints close to 30 - apparently enough for lightning!
SPC has a mention of it:
...WY/NORTH-CENTRAL PLAINS TO OZARKS/MIDDLE MISSISSIPPI VALLEY...
SPORADIC TSTMS WILL CONTINUE TO BE A POSSIBILITY ACROSS PORTIONS OF
WY INTO SOUTHERN SD/FAR NORTHERN NEB THIS EVENING IN CONCERT WITH
THE EASTWARD MOVEMENT OF THE AFOREMENTIONED SHORTWAVE TROUGH AND
ASSOCIATED PLUME OF STEEP MID LEVEL LAPSE RATES. LATER TONIGHT
/MAINLY AFTER 06Z/
My Blog List
- ► 2011 (9)
- ► 2010 (24)
- March 7 and 8th Weekend Chase?
- Lightning in Wyoming?!
- TornadoVideos.net and Weather Decision Technologie...
- Tornado Week on The Weather Channel features the M...
- Long range models continue to show activity
- Next Chase Feb 28th - Mar 01?
- The Carlsons are now part of the TVN chase team!
- Numerous tornado fatalities in Lone Grove, OK
- Tornadoes in OKC area today!
- First Tornado Outbreak of the Season Today!
- Strong winds in Denver!
- Severe thunderstorm watch for the Texas Panhandle
- Tornadoes in Texas Tuesday!
- First Chase of 2009 now on the 4 - 8 day outlook
- ▼ February (14)
- ► 2008 (172)
- ► 2007 (233)
- ► 2006 (417)