Live Geo-referenced Storm Chaser Video. First in the Field Aerial Live Streaming and Aerial Storm Intercepts. High Resolution Level II Radar Data. Severe Weather Forecasts and Reports by Storm Chasers/Severe Weather Videographers Verne, Michael and Eric Carlson. For live stream and video licensing contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Saturday March 7th: A possible weekend chase in the realm of possibility according to the GFS. On saturday, western OK looks primed with up to 1500 capes, upper 50s Tds and an approaching trough.
Sunday March 8th the system takes a more neutral tilt cold core type look and makes central Kansas a player.
If I had to pull the trigger right now based on 180 hour out model runs I'd leave Friday night for AMA, chase western OK on Saturday, drive up to Russell, KS on Saturday night and be ready to chase central KS on Sunday. Getting back looks to be tricky with a possible ground blizzard in eastern CO on the backside of the system. May have to work remote on Monday and get back when highways open up again. Sunday could prove to be much like April 10, 2005 when we spent an extra night in Hays, KS waiting for I-70 to open back up!
My Blog List
- ► 2011 (9)
- ► 2010 (24)
- March 7 and 8th Weekend Chase?
- Lightning in Wyoming?!
- TornadoVideos.net and Weather Decision Technologie...
- Tornado Week on The Weather Channel features the M...
- Long range models continue to show activity
- Next Chase Feb 28th - Mar 01?
- The Carlsons are now part of the TVN chase team!
- Numerous tornado fatalities in Lone Grove, OK
- Tornadoes in OKC area today!
- First Tornado Outbreak of the Season Today!
- Strong winds in Denver!
- Severe thunderstorm watch for the Texas Panhandle
- Tornadoes in Texas Tuesday!
- First Chase of 2009 now on the 4 - 8 day outlook
- ▼ February (14)
- ► 2008 (172)
- ► 2007 (233)
- ► 2006 (417)