Live Geo-referenced Storm Chaser Video. First in the Field Aerial Live Streaming and Aerial Storm Intercepts. High Resolution Level II Radar Data. Severe Weather Forecasts and Reports by Storm Chasers/Severe Weather Videographers Verne, Michael and Eric Carlson. For live stream and video licensing contact us at: email@example.com
Saturday, April 07, 2007
These take 3 days to process and then 15 days to ship to the US so it'll be cutting it close on getting these units for the project. I also ordered 8 color pinhole cameras from an outfit in the US so those will be here in time.
The transmitters are the one's below in the link, they have quoted me AU$390 for 6 including shipping so I have asked them to send me the dimensions (since the picture is always vaugue) and to see if they have a faster shipping method:
I ordered 8 of these cameras for $149.99:
they have audio as well so we may even be able to get audio and video back. At this point I don't see why not. To mount them in the plane I may attach them directly to a spare servo and hang it out the bottom, that would allow one of the unused channels 5,6 or 7 to be able to rotate the camera in flight!
This is the YAGI antennas we'll use, I already have one myself and Kaori has requested another one, we can use up to 4 of these with 4 laptops at a time:
MINIATURE 10MHZ TO 5.6GHZ 20DB 9 ELEMENT AUDIO/VIDEO YAGI ANTENNA $289.00 + shipping.
Here are the Laptop capture devices we'll use, at $77.00 ea + shipping one for each channel of video:
My Blog List
- ► 2011 (9)
- ► 2010 (24)
- ► 2009 (119)
- ► 2008 (172)
- Day 1 filming at Roger Hills House
- 2007-04-24 Report
- Towers going up south of Medicine Lodge
- Successful probe deployment today!
- In Pratte, KS
- Caught a tornado in Protection, KS
- Garden City KS
- Epic Tornado day for Eastern Colorado!
- Eric's Video: April 21st, 2007
- 2007-04-21 Report
- Four Way, TX
- Conway, TX
- In Dumas, TX
- Heading south out of Garden City, KS
- Towers up by McCook, NE
- First cell of the day
- Saturday April 21st a must chase day!
- Probe structure almost complete
- Working today with Habitat For Humanity
- Severe potential on the CO plains Weds
- Probes primed and eye formed
- Inner stiffener rings
- Expendible wireless probes
- Rivetted and epoxied seams
- Cone probe metal skins
- Rough mockup topview
- Rough mockup of wireless probe
- Transmitter battery choice #2
- Transmitter battery possibility #1
- Colorado National Monument
- Transmitter/Receiver Packages
- Academy of Model Aeronautics
- Tornado Probes and Plane Project April 28th - May ...
- Video transmitters and cameras
- Next chase Friday April 13th?
- 7 News Chaser Blog Preps
- ▼ April (36)
- ► 2006 (417)