Live Geo-referenced Storm Chaser Video. First in the Field Aerial Live Streaming and Aerial Storm Intercepts. High Resolution Level II Radar Data. Severe Weather Forecasts and Reports by Storm Chasers/Severe Weather Videographers Verne, Michael and Eric Carlson. For live stream and video licensing contact us at: email@example.com
Sunday, May 06, 2007
Developing tornado north of Pratt, KS.
Tube briefly touching down near St. John, KS.
Large cone tornado west of St. John, KS
Tornado crosses the road in front of us on HW 50 west of St. John, KS
Tornado continues north as a strong tube!
This tornado formed to our east as we were watching the cone cross the road. It was the most amazing 'Wizard of Oz' looking tornado I have ever seen. It had a serpentine motion to it as it spin up dust on the ground in the field next to us!
This tornado was a long lived multi-vortex circulation that spun in the field west of St, John for many minutes.
Here is a map of the tornadoes at nightfall. Our route is in green, tornado paths are blue.
What a day. The sobering part of this whole experience is that we have seen more damage and hardship caused to the people of central Kansas and particularly the people that lived in Greensburg, KS. Each of the past three days has brought significant tornadoes to this same area and we have seen more damage than we have ever seen in our lives out here. Roads are blocked, national guard troops are deployed everywhere and power company trucks are here by the hundreds. It's almost unreal how hard hit the area is.
Click here for the official reports page from the Norman, OK NWS
Motel Stays: 1
My Blog List
- ► 2011 (9)
- ► 2010 (24)
- ► 2009 (119)
- ► 2008 (172)
- Cell going up southwest of Springfield
- Moderate risk of severe for last day of May!
- Big Texan
- 05/29/07 - Chase Report - E CO
- Tornado warned cell in Elbert county CO
- Four amazing May days coming up!
- Chasing today in North Dakota?
- Wicked Witch Test Flights 1 and 2
- 05/23/07 - Chase Report
- 2007-05-23 Report
- Huge rotating meso!
- PDS Tornado Watch
- Storms already firing near Pratt, KS
- 05/22/07 - Chase Report
- 2007-05-22 Report
- Huge rotating mesocyclone
- Dorothy's house
- Dorothy's House in Liberal, KS
- Chase target for Tuesday May 22
- Severe warned cell
- In Dalhart, TX waiting for storms
- Chase Potential Monday May 21
- Erie, CO Balloon Launch
- Wicked Witch top wing panel
- Wicked Witch Video System
- Wicked Witch logo and tail fins
- The 'Wicked Witch' RC Video Plane
- The Stake Cam
- Next chase day Monday May 21?
- Modified probe design
- Action Cam from Oregon Scientific
- 05/14/07 Chase Report.
- Nickel hail at my house in Coal Creek
- Colorado's Spring Fury!
- 7 News Spring Fury Special
- Quiet times in the plains
- North of Greensburg, Kansas
- Heading back to Denver, CO
- In Erick, OK waiting for initiation
- 2007-05-05 Report
- Day 6 Pratt, KS
- Dr. David Gold explaining todays outlook
- Checking out the TIV
- Day 4 in OKC
- Damage Survey of Cactus Tex. - Photos
- Damage Photos from Holly, Colo.
- Surveying damage in Holly, CO
- Day 2 filming in Holly, CO
- ▼ May (48)
- ► 2006 (417)