Live Geo-referenced Storm Chaser Video. First in the Field Aerial Live Streaming and Aerial Storm Intercepts. High Resolution Level II Radar Data. Severe Weather Forecasts and Reports by Storm Chasers/Severe Weather Videographers Verne, Michael and Eric Carlson. For live stream and video licensing contact us at: email@example.com
Monday, May 07, 2007
Michael and I just got back to Denver. We were on the Greensburg storm after it moved moved north of town. We followed it all the way up to near Ellsworth, KS where it finally dissipated. From our vantage point along HW4 through Hoisington, KS it was a large bowl on the ground with incredibly strong RFD winds wrapping around it and trying to blow us off the road. We basically followed it all the way north driving under and around downed powerlines, grain bins down in Claflin, KS and numerous trees and limbs across the road. Street flooding was everywhere. We chased till 4am when we finally got back to our motel in Hays, KS.
Tree limbs down east of Hoisington, KS
Tree branch across the road north of Claflin, KS
Grain bins block the road in Claflin, KS we have to go north to get around them. The wedge rages in the distance!
Powerpoles are down everywhere!
My chaser friend Randy Denzer of the MESO group was one of the first EMTs on the scene in Greensburg. He described to me the towns police chief sobing saying that 'his town was destroyed'. Randy saw truckers dead in thier trucks caught at the gas station and crushed. On Saturday we video'ed another 7 tornadoes in the same area near St. Johns Kansas. I am still numb at the sights we saw... I will get some pics up soon of our chase of the Greensburg wedge as it moved north out of town.
My Blog List
- ► 2011 (9)
- ► 2010 (24)
- ► 2009 (119)
- ► 2008 (172)
- Cell going up southwest of Springfield
- Moderate risk of severe for last day of May!
- Big Texan
- 05/29/07 - Chase Report - E CO
- Tornado warned cell in Elbert county CO
- Four amazing May days coming up!
- Chasing today in North Dakota?
- Wicked Witch Test Flights 1 and 2
- 05/23/07 - Chase Report
- 2007-05-23 Report
- Huge rotating meso!
- PDS Tornado Watch
- Storms already firing near Pratt, KS
- 05/22/07 - Chase Report
- 2007-05-22 Report
- Huge rotating mesocyclone
- Dorothy's house
- Dorothy's House in Liberal, KS
- Chase target for Tuesday May 22
- Severe warned cell
- In Dalhart, TX waiting for storms
- Chase Potential Monday May 21
- Erie, CO Balloon Launch
- Wicked Witch top wing panel
- Wicked Witch Video System
- Wicked Witch logo and tail fins
- The 'Wicked Witch' RC Video Plane
- The Stake Cam
- Next chase day Monday May 21?
- Modified probe design
- Action Cam from Oregon Scientific
- 05/14/07 Chase Report.
- Nickel hail at my house in Coal Creek
- Colorado's Spring Fury!
- 7 News Spring Fury Special
- Quiet times in the plains
- North of Greensburg, Kansas
- Heading back to Denver, CO
- In Erick, OK waiting for initiation
- 2007-05-05 Report
- Day 6 Pratt, KS
- Dr. David Gold explaining todays outlook
- Checking out the TIV
- Day 4 in OKC
- Damage Survey of Cactus Tex. - Photos
- Damage Photos from Holly, Colo.
- Surveying damage in Holly, CO
- Day 2 filming in Holly, CO
- ▼ May (48)
- ► 2006 (417)