Live Geo-referenced Storm Chaser Video. First in the Field Aerial Live Streaming and Aerial Storm Intercepts. High Resolution Level II Radar Data. Severe Weather Forecasts and Reports by Storm Chasers/Severe Weather Videographers Verne, Michael and Eric Carlson. For live stream and video licensing contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, April 27, 2009
A rarely seen 30% hatched risk for tornadoes plus most of the central plains under PDS tornado watches!
5000 Capes forecast by the RUC by 4pm CDT!
Tornado #1 21:29z west of Roll, OK on hw33 - funnel forms and touches down just to our southeast.
It tears up trees and throws sheet metal in the air.
Two cows can be seen standing to the lower right of the ground swirl. Shortly before this I saw the tornado rip a 30 foot high tree into the air and it completely disappeared before my eyes!
I punch the accelerator and floor it back east barely staying in front of it as it passes within 5o feet of the rear of our car. Dirt, rain and grass are blasting against Eric's side of the car and his face as he films!
I swing the car around as Eric films the tornado pass just behind us.
Tornado #2 21:41z south of Arnett, OK on hw283 Reed Timmer is just ahead of us coming up the hill from the Canadian river as the new stronger tornado passes just ahead of us. The RFD winds were howling from the west here!
Tornado seems to pause for a bit in the valley to our east as it climbs the hill. Unfortunately at least one house is hit. A mobile home apparently. There were no known injuries with either of these tornadoes thankfully.
The tornado is on the ground for 15 maybe 20 minutes.
A long lived stout cone that might rate as EF3 maybe low end EF 4 at it's strongest. Damage surveys will tell.
The entire meso exposes itself for a bit and we can see how powerful this tornado is!
You have to see this video!!
My Blog List
- ► 2011 (9)
- ► 2010 (24)
- 2009-04-29 Report
- TORNADO ON THE GROUND
- Bigger than golfball hail!
- Hamilton county, KS
- Would like to in AMA today - but eastern CO will h...
- 2009-04-26 Report
- Two strong tornadoes today!
- Shattuck OK
- Storms and Tornadoes again possible today!
- Wheeler county texas storm
- Crawford, OK
- Moderate risk for severe weather in the TX panhand...
- Cell north of Concordia, KS
- Line of cells in southcentral NE
- Chase plans this weekend
- Chase days coming up this weekend!
- April 2009 Upslope Snowstorm
- 32 in in Coak Creek Canyon!
- 24 inches in Coal Creek Canyon
- 14 inches in Coal Creek Canyon
- 2009-04-16 Report
- Tornadoes possible in Eastern Colorado today!
- Update on FAA regulations regarding RC-VLOS aircra...
- Multiple days of chasing coming up!
- 2009-04-09 Report
- Cell near Ponca City, OK
- Live Streaming Probe
- Chasing today in ne OK!
- TVN live streaming to be shown on CNN!
- Next chase from Amarillo on the 11th?
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2008 (172)
- ► 2007 (233)
- ► 2006 (417)