Live Geo-referenced Storm Chaser Video. First in the Field Aerial Live Streaming and Aerial Storm Intercepts. High Resolution Level II Radar Data. Severe Weather Forecasts and Reports by Storm Chasers/Severe Weather Videographers Verne, Michael and Eric Carlson. For live stream and video licensing contact us at: vernecarlson@hotmail.com

KRDO ColoSprgs Storm Chasers!

KRDO

KAKE Wichita Storm Chase Team!

KAKE

Denver's Channel 7 Storm Chasers

KMGH 7 News

License this Live Stream Now!

Follow us LIVE on iMap Tracker! When you see a car we are live.


Sunday, April 05, 2009

Next chase from Amarillo on the 11th?



While I would like to jump on every chase that comes along I am okay with the fact that I didn't chase the cold core system in southern Nebraska yesterday. It was clear to me on Friday that even if all the moisture in the gulf had advected north it would have only meant low 50 Tds in the area. As it happened only a few brief tornadoes were reported in the low 40 dewpoint air. And to reward the trip, I-70 is closed from Limon to the Kansas border for 2 - 3 foot high drifts!

Looking at the GFS there is a trough coming into the southern plains for next weekend. This system looks like it could have better moisture than we've seen so far and it might be my first chase out of Amarillo. Amanda and the pups would likely come down for the weekend so I won't be able to host any chasers out of the chase base this weekend - sorry guys..

Edit: after the latest GFS run it looks like Saturday the 11th is the best day!

SPC 4-8 day outlook: MORE IMPORTANT EVENT MAY ARRIVE NEXT WEEKEND...THOUGH TIMING AGAIN IS UNCLEAR.
THIS SYSTEM COULD HAVE BETTER MOISTURE AVAILABILITY AND OFFER A HIGHER SVR RISK
THAN ITS PREDECESSOR.

1 comment:

Dann Cianca said...

I'll have to admit ... when I saw the tornado warnings go up, I got really anxious about not having gone out ... but since it looks like they were just spin-ups ... AGAIN! ... I didn't feel so bad.

The Carlsons', Verne, Michael and Eric

The Carlsons', Verne, Michael and Eric

Contact Me for Helicopter Shots!

Flying Monkeys

My Blog List

Blog Archive