Live Geo-referenced Storm Chaser Video. First in the Field Aerial Live Streaming and Aerial Storm Intercepts. High Resolution Level II Radar Data. Severe Weather Forecasts and Reports by Storm Chasers/Severe Weather Videographers Verne, Michael and Eric Carlson. For live stream and video licensing contact us at: email@example.com
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Gustnado #1 00:33z
Landspout #1 00:44z
Landspout #2 00:45z
Gustnado #2 00:45z - Rated EF1, apparently it hit a dairy farm injuring one person and killing 100 cattle. Details >> HERE <<
Gustnado #2 00:45z
Got off work at lunch and shot out to Burlington, CO where I thought there was an outside chance of a landspout. The Jim Reed foot chase day of last year was in my mind. I liked the forecast capes on the RUC up into the surface low.
With Michael nowcasting for me I jumped on the rapidly developing cells around Leoti, KS and almost called it a day when the cell near Garden City looked like it was worth a check.
On arriving from the west side I was greeted with marbles, then golfballs and then a few near baseball hailstones and 4" drifting! I positioned myself out of the hail and on the southeast side of the meso and saw my first dusty spinup out on the forward RFD push.
While following this gustnado I observed off to the west a nice laminar landspout with translucent tube fully connected to the ground. Out from this spout a small gustnado spun out rapidly ahead of it.
Continuing south out ahead of the meso an RFD push again turned into the huge dusty gustnado that Michael posted in the NOW thread. This weakend a bit and spun out more little gustnadoes. I decided to drive right through the dying large gustnado and got sprayed by straw and dirt!
The cell splitting and mergers or lack of mergers after that were something I can't wait to review on radar!
Michael did an analysis of the setup HERE
My Blog List
- ► 2011 (9)
- ► 2010 (24)
- 2009-04-29 Report
- TORNADO ON THE GROUND
- Bigger than golfball hail!
- Hamilton county, KS
- Would like to in AMA today - but eastern CO will h...
- 2009-04-26 Report
- Two strong tornadoes today!
- Shattuck OK
- Storms and Tornadoes again possible today!
- Wheeler county texas storm
- Crawford, OK
- Moderate risk for severe weather in the TX panhand...
- Cell north of Concordia, KS
- Line of cells in southcentral NE
- Chase plans this weekend
- Chase days coming up this weekend!
- April 2009 Upslope Snowstorm
- 32 in in Coak Creek Canyon!
- 24 inches in Coal Creek Canyon
- 14 inches in Coal Creek Canyon
- 2009-04-16 Report
- Tornadoes possible in Eastern Colorado today!
- Update on FAA regulations regarding RC-VLOS aircra...
- Multiple days of chasing coming up!
- 2009-04-09 Report
- Cell near Ponca City, OK
- Live Streaming Probe
- Chasing today in ne OK!
- TVN live streaming to be shown on CNN!
- Next chase from Amarillo on the 11th?
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2008 (172)
- ► 2007 (233)
- ► 2006 (417)