Live Geo-referenced Storm Chaser Video. First in the Field Aerial Live Streaming and Aerial Storm Intercepts. High Resolution Level II Radar Data. Severe Weather Forecasts and Reports by Storm Chasers/Severe Weather Videographers Verne, Michael and Eric Carlson. For live stream and video licensing contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, April 25, 2009
The cell above already had good rainshaft/updraft separation and a few times tried to spin up some scud from almost ground level. We followed the cell to Reydon, OK where we were temped away by the storms forming along the dryline to the south of Elk City, OK.
As we drove away towards Grimes, OK we were looking back to the cell and could see it was dropping a significant lowering! We decided another look was needed so we intercepted the cell again just to the west of Cheyenne, OK. Here the updraft was doing a 'slow dance' and pulling scud off the ground in a very very slow spiral. It was at this time that Heidi Ferrar and Reed Timmer called me to ask if the storm was high based. It had gone tornado warned and was looking very intense and seemed it would produce at any moment. As the storm passed over us near Strong City, OK on hw283 it had it's best attempt yet with a lowering off to our northwest and then a spiral that went straight overhead as the TIV2 and doghouse support vehicles rolled by.
The storm once again had it's shot but fell short and we could see the base was raising again so this time we really did shoot south of I-40 getting their right at dark to see the most amazing meso below!
My Blog List
- ► 2011 (9)
- ► 2010 (24)
- 2009-04-29 Report
- TORNADO ON THE GROUND
- Bigger than golfball hail!
- Hamilton county, KS
- Would like to in AMA today - but eastern CO will h...
- 2009-04-26 Report
- Two strong tornadoes today!
- Shattuck OK
- Storms and Tornadoes again possible today!
- Wheeler county texas storm
- Crawford, OK
- Moderate risk for severe weather in the TX panhand...
- Cell north of Concordia, KS
- Line of cells in southcentral NE
- Chase plans this weekend
- Chase days coming up this weekend!
- April 2009 Upslope Snowstorm
- 32 in in Coak Creek Canyon!
- 24 inches in Coal Creek Canyon
- 14 inches in Coal Creek Canyon
- 2009-04-16 Report
- Tornadoes possible in Eastern Colorado today!
- Update on FAA regulations regarding RC-VLOS aircra...
- Multiple days of chasing coming up!
- 2009-04-09 Report
- Cell near Ponca City, OK
- Live Streaming Probe
- Chasing today in ne OK!
- TVN live streaming to be shown on CNN!
- Next chase from Amarillo on the 11th?
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2008 (172)
- ► 2007 (233)
- ► 2006 (417)