Live Geo-referenced Storm Chaser Video. First in the Field Aerial Live Streaming and Aerial Storm Intercepts. High Resolution Level II Radar Data. Severe Weather Forecasts and Reports by Storm Chasers/Severe Weather Videographers Verne, Michael and Eric Carlson. For live stream and video licensing contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
The FAA is going in the direction of developing a set of standards and regulations which will ALLOW what is illegal today. >>>>>>>> This includes operating RC-VLOS platforms and generating profit. They are working toward regulatory conditions where this can be legal. <<<<<<<<
The final ARC recommendations will be factored into the overall process but the specifics of the ARC recommendations (especially sizes, weights, speeds, altitudes, etc) will not survive 100% so don't bother getting you knickers twisted with that document. The FAA will now be factoring in ICAO standards and other legal considerations into the process to produce the NPRM thing. The time-frame for the NPRM output won't be this year.
The ICAO standards and other legal considerations will rule over anybody crying "Hey, that's not fair! My xx pound heli is no more dangerous that that little xx pound heli and besides, I've been doing this for years."
Those who fly for $$ will be considered 'not model' but UAS and have the additional requirements placed on them. Even slow-stickers and Blade 400 guys.
Expect that part of the conditions for flying rc for $$ includes demonstration of required knowledge, experience and/or skill, pilot certification, pilot registration and aircraft registration. You will NOT be required to have a manned pilot certificate for at least our smaller UAS sizes.
Timeframe for this to happen: 2011 or 2012 - ugh!
My Blog List
- ► 2011 (9)
- ► 2010 (24)
- 2009-04-29 Report
- TORNADO ON THE GROUND
- Bigger than golfball hail!
- Hamilton county, KS
- Would like to in AMA today - but eastern CO will h...
- 2009-04-26 Report
- Two strong tornadoes today!
- Shattuck OK
- Storms and Tornadoes again possible today!
- Wheeler county texas storm
- Crawford, OK
- Moderate risk for severe weather in the TX panhand...
- Cell north of Concordia, KS
- Line of cells in southcentral NE
- Chase plans this weekend
- Chase days coming up this weekend!
- April 2009 Upslope Snowstorm
- 32 in in Coak Creek Canyon!
- 24 inches in Coal Creek Canyon
- 14 inches in Coal Creek Canyon
- 2009-04-16 Report
- Tornadoes possible in Eastern Colorado today!
- Update on FAA regulations regarding RC-VLOS aircra...
- Multiple days of chasing coming up!
- 2009-04-09 Report
- Cell near Ponca City, OK
- Live Streaming Probe
- Chasing today in ne OK!
- TVN live streaming to be shown on CNN!
- Next chase from Amarillo on the 11th?
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2008 (172)
- ► 2007 (233)
- ► 2006 (417)