Live Geo-referenced Storm Chaser Video. First in the Field Aerial Live Streaming and Aerial Storm Intercepts. High Resolution Level II Radar Data. Severe Weather Forecasts and Reports by Storm Chasers/Severe Weather Videographers Verne, Michael and Eric Carlson. For live stream and video licensing contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, May 23, 2008
As I'm writing this a severe thunderstorm is rocking our motel in Hays, KS! Today looks like another significant tornado outbreak in western Kansas with much of the same ingredients as yesterday!
STRONG DIABATIC SFC HEATING...COMBINED WITH ASCENT ALONG DRYLINE AND
FRONT...SHOULD CONTRIBUTE TO ADDITIONAL DEVELOPMENT MID-LATE
AFTERNOON ALONG/AHEAD OF DRYLINE AND ALONG/S OF FRONT. SUPERCELLS
FORMING IN THIS REGIME WILL OFFER THREAT OF TORNADOES ANYTIME DURING
THEIR MATURITY...BUT PARTICULARLY UPON INTERACTING WITH FRONTAL
ZONE...WHERE LOW LEVEL VORTICITY...STORM-RELATIVE FLOW AND SRH ALL
ARE MAXIMIZED. STRONGER UPPER WINDS SHOULD ALLOW FOR MORE
PRECIPITATION VENTING DOWNSHEAR...PERHAPS COUNTERBALANCING
TENDENCIES FOR SEEDING AND INTERFERENCE FROM CLOSE-PROXIMITY STORMS.
THESE FACTORS..ALONG WITH AFOREMENTIONED ENVIRONMENTAL
INGREDIENTS...SUGGEST SEVERAL LONG-LIVED/CYCLIC SUPERCELLS AGAIN ARE
POSSIBLE...PRODUCING TORNADOES...SOME SIGNIFICANT...ALONG WITH LARGE
HAIL AND DAMAGING GUSTS.
My Blog List
- ► 2011 (9)
- ► 2010 (24)
- ► 2009 (119)
- 2008-05-29 Report
- High risk of Tornadoes in Eastern Nebraska!
- Cell west of Greeley, CO
- Aerial Survey of Windsor, CO
- May 21-26 2008 Video Report
- May 23 Quinter, KS Tornadoes Aerial Survey
- May 26 - May 26 Chase Trip!
- Chase Day 6 southwestern Kansas
- LaCrosse KS
- Mini LP supercell
- Day 4 Chase-apalooza. eastern NE
- Day 3 of chasing - West Central Kansas
- 2008-05-22 Report
- Grainfield, KS
- Oakley KS!
- Day 2 of 6, Tornado Outbreak in Western Kansas!
- 2008-05-21 Report
- Day 1 of 6 Chase-apalooza! Eastern WY/CO
- Video dropsonde
- Announcing the Wicked Witch and Flying Monkeys Pro...
- Multiple Day High Plains Severe Weather!
- 2008-05-14 Report
- Tornadoes and large Hail Expected Today in TX
- Big day in central OK!
- 2008-05-10 Report
- Amazing instability forecast for Saturday
- Waiting for storms
- Street flooding in Dumas, TX
- Couple of storm days coming up!
- TWISTEX plane complete
- ▼ May (31)
- ► 2007 (233)
- ► 2006 (417)