Live Geo-referenced Storm Chaser Video. First in the Field Aerial Live Streaming and Aerial Storm Intercepts. High Resolution Level II Radar Data. Severe Weather Forecasts and Reports by Storm Chasers/Severe Weather Videographers Verne, Michael and Eric Carlson. For live stream and video licensing contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, May 29, 2008
We are waking up in North Platte, NE this morning and the SPC has upgraded the threat today to a High Risk and 30% hatched tornadoes. Live streaming on tracker will be running. I have to run to Walmart again this morning as the Nikon Coolpix I use for aerial photos has died once again. Other than that we are out the door soon and headed east slightly to our target.
THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED TO INITIATE FIRST ALONG THE SURFACE
DRYLINE OVER WESTERN NEB/KS BY MID AFTERNOON. THESE STORMS WILL BE
RATHER HIGH-BASED...BUT WILL LIKELY BE SUPERCELLULAR DUE TO STRONG
DEEP LAYER VERTICAL SHEAR. MORE STORMS ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP OVER
THE WARM SECTOR IN EASTERN NEB/WESTERN IA DURING THE LATE AFTERNOON
AND EARLY EVENING IN REGION OF RELATIVELY WEAK CINH AND STRONG CAPE.
THESE STORMS WILL BE IN AN ENVIRONMENT OF LOWER LCLS...STRONGER LOW
LEVEL VERTICAL SHEAR/HELICITY...AND MORE SUBTLE FORCING. THESE
FACTORS ARE EXPECTED TO RESULT IN A SEVERAL HOUR PERIOD OF DISCRETE
SUPERCELLS CAPABLE OF VERY LARGE HAIL AND POTENTIALLY STRONG
My Blog List
- ► 2011 (9)
- ► 2010 (24)
- ► 2009 (119)
- 2008-05-29 Report
- High risk of Tornadoes in Eastern Nebraska!
- Cell west of Greeley, CO
- Aerial Survey of Windsor, CO
- May 21-26 2008 Video Report
- May 23 Quinter, KS Tornadoes Aerial Survey
- May 26 - May 26 Chase Trip!
- Chase Day 6 southwestern Kansas
- LaCrosse KS
- Mini LP supercell
- Day 4 Chase-apalooza. eastern NE
- Day 3 of chasing - West Central Kansas
- 2008-05-22 Report
- Grainfield, KS
- Oakley KS!
- Day 2 of 6, Tornado Outbreak in Western Kansas!
- 2008-05-21 Report
- Day 1 of 6 Chase-apalooza! Eastern WY/CO
- Video dropsonde
- Announcing the Wicked Witch and Flying Monkeys Pro...
- Multiple Day High Plains Severe Weather!
- 2008-05-14 Report
- Tornadoes and large Hail Expected Today in TX
- Big day in central OK!
- 2008-05-10 Report
- Amazing instability forecast for Saturday
- Waiting for storms
- Street flooding in Dumas, TX
- Couple of storm days coming up!
- TWISTEX plane complete
- ▼ May (31)
- ► 2007 (233)
- ► 2006 (417)