Live Geo-referenced Storm Chaser Video. First in the Field Aerial Live Streaming and Aerial Storm Intercepts. High Resolution Level II Radar Data. Severe Weather Forecasts and Reports by Storm Chasers/Severe Weather Videographers Verne, Michael and Eric Carlson. For live stream and video licensing contact us at: vernecarlson@hotmail.com

KRDO ColoSprgs Storm Chasers!

KRDO

KAKE Wichita Storm Chase Team!

KAKE

Denver's Channel 7 Storm Chasers

KMGH 7 News

License this Live Stream Now!

Follow us LIVE on iMap Tracker! When you see a car we are live.


Monday, March 13, 2006

First Lightning of the year for Denver, CO!





The storm in the picture below (at 4:31pm) over Louisville, CO went on to create the first lightning of the year for Denver, CO! I counted 6 strikes out of this little cell that could. Very exciting and always a thrill to mark down this first of the season!

As pointed out by Tony L, this baby even has a slight couplet on the velocity scan!

And by the way that's a screen capture off my TV set - all I had for the time being. Okay so with Kathleen's help I got my firewire card and did a real screen capture. Unfortunately all I have on this laptop is Windows Movie maker and it does very low resolution screen grabs. The lightning is very far east of me but never the less it is the first lightning of the year for Denver!

No comments:

The Carlsons', Verne, Michael and Eric

The Carlsons', Verne, Michael and Eric

Contact Me for Helicopter Shots!

Flying Monkeys

My Blog List

Blog Archive