Live Geo-referenced Storm Chaser Video. First in the Field Aerial Live Streaming and Aerial Storm Intercepts. High Resolution Level II Radar Data. Severe Weather Forecasts and Reports by Storm Chasers/Severe Weather Videographers Verne, Michael and Eric Carlson. For live stream and video licensing contact us at: vernecarlson@hotmail.com

KRDO ColoSprgs Storm Chasers!

KRDO

KAKE Wichita Storm Chase Team!

KAKE

Denver's Channel 7 Storm Chasers

KMGH 7 News

License this Live Stream Now!

Follow us LIVE on iMap Tracker! When you see a car we are live.


Sunday, March 12, 2006

Missouri under the gun again today



Sadly enough two people were killed yesterday in the latest impulse of severe weather to hit the midwest. Today is being billed as even stronger than yesterday with SPC outlining a 30% hatched area of tornadoes. I hope everyone in the midwest heeds warning and prepares for what could be a devistating day.

While I am dying to be out there and chasing these systems, I have been through Missouri and know that it is very hilly and covered with trees. Plus as Tony reported yesterday from eastern OK, the storms were moving at 50mph and were very difficult to chase let alone intercept.

I have to bide my time and know that more of these setups will come soon and as April and May come the target areas will move west into more chaseable territory. I want to chase every setup so badly but I know that if we get to June and there is another June 9th type setup in central KS I don't want to be misssing it because I spent all my PTO days in March.

I am going to use this setup to study the models and learn more about what makes a day like today so unbelievable for severe weather. Study it, burn it into my mind and look for it in May. Because by then the gulf moisture will be up into eastern CO and western KS where there are few people and mother nature can put on her show without harm.

No comments:

The Carlsons', Verne, Michael and Eric

The Carlsons', Verne, Michael and Eric

Contact Me for Helicopter Shots!

Flying Monkeys

My Blog List

Blog Archive